USA Will I have enough time?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I really want to get into coding but I'm scared of the time constraints I have. Due to always being dirt poor, I have to work full time as a public accountant to take care of myself and my family. However, I KNOW that coding is what I want to do. I'm planning on enrolling in an online program that requires 15-20 hours a week of study over a long period of time.

My worry is more about the hours I'll be working in accounting. During busy season (January to April) I'll be working 60-65 hours a week and the rest of the year I'll be working anywhere from 40-55 hours per week. With that demand I don't even know if it's possible to put in the time that I need and have any effective studying hours (15-20).

Please help me think of what to do.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Consider waiting to start the coding training AFTER you change jobs to one that is only a 40 hour a week job.
Thank you very much. Do you have any suggestions as to what type of positions to apply for? I have no actual accounting experience, but I'm getting my BA this year. I do have a public accounting internship for 2 months at a mid-tier firm, and I wonder if I should still take it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Land yourself a job that spares you time and then pursue the training.
Thank you very much for your reply! I would like to pose the same question to you as I did to the other poster:

Do you have any suggestions as to what type of positions to apply for? I have no actual accounting experience, but I'm getting my BA this year. I do have a public accounting internship for 2 months at a mid-tier firm, and I wonder if I should still take it.

Ask a Question