USA Career Question: entry level job expectation and resources to research firms.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, new to the forum and first-time poster. I recently graduated with a BA in accounting, I am looking for my first job, entry-level of course. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on how to go about researching firms or business to look for an entry-level position? I have used job sites and googling, to be honest, but I feel that I am missing a larger pool of potential jobs that are out there. I also am curious about what I am expected to know and learn quickly on the job, I know the job description explains that but I am wondering apart from that what should I expect and what should I show that I have knowledge of?

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, the online job sites will represent a large percentage of the available jobs. Certainly, there are others but you'd have to find them by word of mouth, which is where "networking" is important.
As a recent graduate, potential employers will expect you have accounting book knowledge and any work experience is a plus. They expect you will learn on the job so you need to show a capacity and a willingness for learning.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you so much for your response, really helpful. i will keep on putting in the time and effort i need to.

Reaction score
Country
India
Keep your job search on with the portals and social media platforms like LinkedIn. Try to go through your family and friends' referrals as these have a greater potential to work out. Know the basics of accounting, the 3 golden rules, financials and components, accounting principles, and basic accounting standards.

Ask a Question