USA Accounting for multiple DBAs

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am planning on adding a new division to my company and have it and the original division operate under their own "Doing Business As" registrations. My company is and LLC taxed as an S-Corp. As I understand it I will do a single corporate tax return for the company. My question is what do you all recommend as the accounting method I use. I am using Quickbooks and as I see it I can either do all the accounting under a single file or I can break the two DBAs into separate files. I am inclined to do them separately but am concerned about the hassle of then getting the two separate files into Turbotax. What are your thoughts? What would you do?

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Since you are doing all this yourself, keep it simple and just use one QB file. You can separate the DBA stuff into separate QB jobs.

smallbushelp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
When using QuickBooks, having one company file for the LLC and using classes for the DBA's is the best option. Establish a "class" for each DBA so that you can track income and expenses independently.

Ask a Question