USA CFO

Reaction score
Country
United States
Currently I have a job as a financial analyst with a bachelor's degree in Finance. I want to set myself so that eventually I can be a CFO as that's my dream job. I'm unsure as to what path I need to take next to set myself up for the best success, I have the following options:
- go back for my bachelor's degree in accounting which would take the longest and get my CPA after this
- get my master's in accounting at a college that would accept a related degree (since I don't have an accounting degree)
I'm unsure as to what to do, I've heard mixed opinions on the name of the college you go to being important on your resume, I need something that I can do online as their aren't many in school options close by to me so I'm limited there as well.

Just wanted to get some various opinions. I am leaning toward the master's route as many job posting I've seen say either Master's or CPA preferred

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Take the shortest path, which is the masters in acctg.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would say the masters would be the best benefit to you as most jobs want a masters and/or CPA.

Reaction score
Country
India
WIth your bachelor's in finance degree you must already have the required credits to appear for the CPA exams. In case you're eligible, give your CPA exams. Post this, take up a master's or a bridge course to meet the extra credits to get your license.

Ask a Question