Cost accounting

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi!

For my thesis I have to use a cost accounting method, but I'm not sure which one I should use. We need to calculate whether it is better to outsource or in-house two facilities within a large enterprise. The facilities are the rental of office space and rental of meeting rooms. We don't need to calculate every facility, just these two. But obviously the cleaning facilities and such will also play a part in the whole calculation.

Can somebody please help me?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Emma ... One needs to think like an industrial engineer. (My 1971 IE degree is from Cornell University.) What is required is capacity-sensitive driver-based cost estimating. It involves marginal / incremental expense analysis (including activity-base costing [ABC] principles. I have attached two documents. The first one is a primer on cost accounting. Answers for what you are seeking is in the second attached document. Feel free to directly contact me for more. (My website is in my AF profile.) ... Gary ... Gary Cokins

Attachments

Ask a Question