Divorce tax question

Feb 23, 2011
Reaction score
My divorce was finalized in December 2010. I was separated all of 2010 but my company required me to have my status as married even though we were separated. I have two children and paid a specific amount each month. I know child support is not deductible but since we were technically married, is there any way I can write off and of that money each month I gave her??? I'm looking for anything more than a HOH status because that does not substantially reduce my tax burden.


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question