Does anyone still use Workpapers Plus?

Reaction score
I got a really old version on my windows xp machine. Thompson Retuers bought the product a decade ago and did away with it- their replacement is garbage. If you still have it, do you have any idea how to install it from floppies on a new windows 7 machine?

Samir

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If you have the floppies and can make images/copies of them, I may be able to help. I run all sorts of dos software on modern machines. :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got a really old version on my windows xp machine. Thompson Retuers bought the product a decade ago and did away with it- their replacement is garbage. If you still have it, do you have any idea how to install it from floppies on a new windows 7 machine?
Years ago I copied each floppy disk of the installation set into a separate folder on my server. I could then over the years install the program onto new workstations. You can install the program in Virtual XP of Windows 7. I did this successfully. I found the tricky part was getting the WPs+ to see the network drive letter where the data files are located. I got around this by taking my old XP machine and copied the WPs+ program folder to the server and then copying that folder on top of the freshly installed WPs+ on Virtual XP. That was allowed all the custom settings & drive paths to work. You may need to play with this a bit but I have been running WPs+ in Virtual XP for several years now. It has given me time to find the proper replacement. I had hopes that CPA Workpapers (now "Trial Balance Pro") might be it but the software has not been released. .... Still looking

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mark,

Like yourself we have been looking for years and yes your post is old, but we have been testing a cloud base trial balance software package called Ten Key ATB and are impressed and moving to it for this year. I would suggest that you take a look at it based on your comments above.

Ask a Question