USA Greetings from PA, US

Reaction score
Hi all and good morning,

I am a registered nurse working in Pennsylvania in the United States. I've recently graduated college with a Bachelors of Science degree and began working as a RN about a year ago. Before that I was a nursing assistant for a year. I have become disappointed in my career and myself and have been pondering accountancy for at least the past 6 months.

I believe I entered the nursing profession for the wrong reasons, but have also come to dislike a great deal about it while working. After some consideration, chats with accountant friends and relatives, as well as taking a few Myers-Briggs personality tests - I have come to the conclusion that an accounting degree may very well suit my personality and intrinsic desires more aptly.

This is where I hope this online community may lend a hand. Not only will I "lurk" the forums and gauge some accountant-proclaimed negatives and positives of the career, but I hope for guidance on whether or not I truly am suited for accountancy. I sure don't want to end up in yet another career that makes me miserable. I hope you understand.

Thank you for welcoming me to your community.

Becky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome aboard! :) Sounds like a good plan! Have you thought about getting some work experience locally?

Reaction score
Hello,

Accounting might have a common point with nursing. You may have the feeling that you get ingratitude from people you provide with your services.

Could you tell us more about what you dislike in nursing and what were the reasons you got into it ? "I believe I entered the nursing profession for the wrong reasons, but have also come to dislike a great deal about it while working"

How old are you ? Do you have time to go into another career ?

Did you think about using your current skills to set up a business in the elderly market (which is a growing market) ? Then take some accountancy and finance courses to get your business under control...

Could you please tell us what you think you will find in accountancy ?

There are serious drawbacks in accountancy. Let's be frank, do you look for money ? do you look for a non-stressful life ? Do you look power, honors ?

Are ready to push at the maximum level in accountancy ?

Sorry for all these questions, I will understand if you not reply.

Please have a nice week end !

Herve

Ask a Question