UK he was using the business card as a personal card and confused please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I studied accounting in school a few years ago but never used anything I learnt before.

One of my friends approached me asking me to help them sort out their financial statements and also help with their end of year tax. He has registered his business as a limited company. He also has a business debt card. This company is new and has approached the time for it to produce its first financial statements.

I asked him to send me his business card statements so I can add the entries to the journal.

As I’m going through his statements, I see he has been using the business card as a personal card too. He has been using the company money to buy groceries. What can I do in this case? What account do they get registered as or do they get ignored?

Any help would be highly appreciated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I studied accounting in school a few years ago but never used anything I learnt before.

One of my friends approached me asking me to help them sort out their financial statements and also help with their end of year tax. He has registered his business as a limited company. He also has a business debt card. This company is new and has approached the time for it to produce its first financial statements.

I asked him to send me his business card statements so I can add the entries to the journal.

As I’m going through his statements, I see he has been using the business card as a personal card too. He has been using the company money to buy groceries. What can I do in this case? What account do they get registered as or do they get ignored?

Any help would be highly appreciated
Any personal expense should go to the director’s loan account. However it’s best to advise him not to use business card for home/personal expenses. All businesses expenses must have a backing

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
The journal entries on expenses used for personal purchases, that have nothing to do with the business, should be treated as non-tax deductible because they are not incurred for the benefit of the business.

Ask a Question