UK HMRC asking for two accounting periods in profit and loss statement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm doing my company accounts for the last accounting year through HMRC's portal (no 3rd party software involved). I'm very confused as it's asking me both for my last accounting year (30/06/18 - 01/07/19) but then also a longer period for last year as well, which you can see from the second screen has already been completed.

I've spoken to both online services and the corporation tax helpline. Neither of them had any idea why the second boxes (starting with AC13) are showing and both referred me to the other! Any ideas what I'm supposed to put in there? Is it for something or just a bug?

Screenshot 2019-08-01 at 09.46.35.png

Screenshot 2019-08-01 at 09.44.03.png

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
India
I think the Software is asking for these details to have a comparative analysis of the Financial and Income Statements of the business organisation and industry as a whole. These will help the business to know and study various business ratio on profitability, operation expenses, Debt to Equity, Shareholders Equity to others, and much more in details and compare the same to industry trends to know where the organisation stands. All these will help in decision making process and improving business status and services.

Ask a Question