How do you help accounts assistance/accountants who struggles with ERP software?

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi Community,

I would like to hear some views on how do you help accounts assistance/accountants who struggles with ERP software?

As most of you probably already know, being in the accounting roles, hardly can you avoid knowing how to use an accounting software.
May I know what are some of the ways you provide your accounts to easily pick up the software other than trainings?

Thank you!

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
ERP software comes with a system manual that tells you all the ways you can input and output data to and from the system. But what you need is a procedure manual that defines how each task is to be done. If you don’t have this then develop one.

Be careful. I saw one company Controller assign creation of a procedure manual to his drinking buddy. Drinking buddy hired a team of four people to do this. I was brought in to review the work product. I reported that the team had no expertise with the ERP product. So what they were doing was retyping the system manual! :mad:Useless.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
ERP software comes with a system manual that tells you all the ways you can input and output data to and from the system. But what you need is a procedure manual that defines how each task is to be done. If you don’t have this then develop one.

Be careful. I saw one company Controller assign creation of a procedure manual to his drinking buddy. Drinking buddy hired a team of four people to do this. I was brought in to review the work product. I reported that the team had no expertise with the ERP product. So what they were doing was retyping the system manual! :mad:Useless.
Oh dear, that doesn't seems useful to users and might even cost more time wastage and costs of hiring to create the manual.

In my case, I have created work instructions with screenshots and step by step of words instructions. It does take time to create, but I think its helpful to accounts, especially accounts who may have just enter the working field.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
“I have created work instructions with screenshots and step by step of words instructions”

Perfect! And that describes a procedures manual.

Ask a Question