USA How many deductions on employee tax form for 3rd job?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello. I know this is a basic question for some but it is totally out of my wheelhouse being an IT person. I have a full-time job where i make xx amount of money a year and I am also on the books as a full-time employee for another company because I take care of their computer/network/security needs. It is a small office so I make a small amount of money but its a good side job.

I have a friend who is a PI and wants me to do some computer forensic work but they said they wont 1099 me but want to make me an employee. I will only make probably $5k a year or so doing work when they have too many cases to get to they will off-load small stuff to me.

My question is how many deductions should I fill out on my employee tax forms for my 3rd job? This is new to me so if you need to know more details about my deductions for my 1st 2 jobs and any other details i am free to share just let me know what other information you might need to help me out and I will provide it.

I appreciate any insight and if anyone needs any IT advice I can provide that :).

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Third job only pays $5K. Just use same deductions as your main job and go on with your life. Taxes on the $5K will not be significant to your overall tax situation.

Ask a Question