UK Intrastat & SAGE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have 2 queries and i have been reading up on what seems like a minefield of data. Intrastat helpline do not reallt help they just keep telling me box 8 & 9 of the VAT return is what you submit on the intrastat declaration.

We are VAT registered in France, therefore all sales in France are recorded on the French VAT return. These sales are not recorded on the UK VAT return. However there are 2 ways these customers recieved their goods,

Number 1 :
We buy goods cleared from customs from a country outside the EU. The invoices from the supplier are posted at T0 on SAGE (zero rated. We then ship these good to France.

Am i correct in thinking we record the movement of these goods as a Dispatch on the SD's when the value of these goods hits £250,000.

Number 2:
We also buy goods delivered to France from a UK supplier. The supplier invoices us Zero rated against our French VAT number. Do i treat these invoces as T0 the same as the non EU supplier?

Am i correct in thinking we dont have to record the movement of goods as the supplier will have to do that, but do we then have to record the arrival in France of these goods when we hit the arrival threshold, which i believe is €460,000.

any help would be much appreciated or if someone can point me in the right direction

thank you :)

Ask a Question