USA Sage 50 accounting 2021

Reaction score
Country
United States
I hate this software but am stuck using it. I recorded a payment on an invoice #620 in March, but it wasnt listed as the correct bank account. Now balancing statements and I'm trying to go back and change to the correct bank account. I get an error message saying cannot find invoice 619 for my customer and it wont allow me to save the change. Any suggestions on correcting this? I've even tried deleting entire invoice to try to mark it paid correctly but it gives me the same message. Beyond frustrated with the crap this software generates. Invoice appears like the ones in the years already closed that no changes can be made to.

Appreciate any help to resolve this nightmare

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You paid an invoice out of the wrong bank account?
You can go to "Adjust payment" , find the payment, change the bank account on top right (by memory), change the cheque number (if a cheque was used) and re-post it. You should be able to see it there.

Alternatively you may be able to go to the General Journal and debit/credit both involved accounts for the amount of this payment to be able to do your monthly reconciliation. This should work too.

Ask a Question