USA Is suspended PPIA payments during COVID a tolling event?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide. I do have an accountant for me and my small business but we generally just emphasize tax preparation and I don’t think CSED’s are her area of focus.

Anyway, I have a long-term PPIA with the IRS that I have been chipping away at for some years now. I’m in good standing as far as I know and have been current with my taxes since getting into that trouble years ago. Two CSED’s have come and gone. The next one is in 12/2020 according to information I have.

It’s a good thing that the IRS kindly suspended installment arrangement payments during a few COVID months (though I still made my payments since it made me nervous not to), but did that suspended payment period act as a tolling event for a PPIA in progress or will upcoming CSED’s be unchanged?

Ad

Advertisements

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry, that is a legal question that you'll need to post in a legal forum.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
How is that a legal question? It's solely based on the IRS and events it considers tolling events.

Ask a Question