USA Leaving QE for Mac

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been reading your forum, and now I'm asking for advice. I've started on year end reports for my accountant, and I have found QE is a disaster! I need new software. We own a small mail order business. We do not need to acquire inventory, we already have enough to last for the rest of our lives. We do not have any employees, nor do we plan to hire any. Our tax people do all the accounting heavy lifting. I need a great checkbook, with great reporting like Quicken 2007 for mac. We were forced to change when we updated all of our computers. Now we can only export in qxf. I'm looking at Money by jumsoft and bank. Anyone care to offer any suggestions or comments?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Why don't you try Quickbooks. It is very straightforward and easy to use. Plus fairly cheap. If you buy a software version you won't have to upgrade for a few years.

Reaction score
I looked into Quickbooks, but Quicken Essentials for Mac only exports in qxf format, and not into qif. Quickbooks cannot import qxf. QE has very limited and awkward reports, and you cannot print the reports you do have. I know my request seems strange, but after other versions of Quicken for Mac, QE is miserable and worthless. If you have clients considering QE, I would def advise against it.

Ask a Question