USA Marketplace Value of MS Accounting Degree from Kaplan University

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! I am struggling with a decision to return to school. Kaplan University has given me the opportunity to receive a MS in Accounting at discounted cost. I have two other degrees in unrelated fields. I currently work in Finance and the feedback given to me is that a lack of a degree in finance is holding me back.

I understand online for-profit schools may not have the best reputation, but my question is will employers be looking just to see that I have a degree or will they be more concerned about where the degree is from?

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If where the degree is from didn't matter, Harvard wouldn't be able to charge over $40K a year for tuition. Harvard does so. So it matters.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well... Harvard is not an option for me. My ultimate goal is to be a Staff Accountant or Senior Accountant. I have already borrowed substantially for other degrees. My decision has to be calculated.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi . Looks like I need to clarify: my point was that where a degree is from does matter. Was not recommending Harvard as an option.

I've said many times on this board that many employers are still "old school" when it comes to being skeptical of an online education. That may change in the future.
In your note above you yourself state your understanding that some online schools may not have the best reputation. As a test, see if the school you are interested in has an AACSB accreditation.

Ask a Question