USA My sister is looking to buy a house with a loan, how do I convince her this is a terrible idea?

Reaction score
Country
United States
She is currently $1000 in credit card debt and mainly living off of (and with) our father. Her GF is not making any income and is not actively searching for a job, and they are looking to move 1500+ miles away to buy a house in Minnesota for $250,000, all of the money coming from a loan in NH.

I don't know how the hell she thinks this is going to work out, but I don't know how to explain to her how deep the pile of shit she's burying herself in is going to be. She's going to be in debt for the rest of her life and she just doesn't see it as an issue. When I confront her about it, she says "I've been looking into this for 3 years, I know what I'm doing".

Please help, any advice would be welcome. Mainly, what is wrong with her plan, and how do I explain it to her and get her to reconsider? And any better alternatives for moving out of our dad's house?

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not an accounting question. Question is best addressed or looked up in the “Dear Abby” column. Not being flippant about this. Serious problem and I hope she comes to her senses about this.

Ask a Question