Need information on how reports are supposed to work

Reaction score
I built software for a customer of mine. They wanted to incorporate invoicing into the system. I set it all up but im having trouble with a refund report. They want to be able to issue refunds and im not understanding how its suppose to work. The owner said when she issues a refund that it shouldn’t effect the balance on a report 1 month ago. Like snapshots or something. That balance for that day is that balance and should be the same each time. Do you know what she is talking about? Perhaps you can help me with this?

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If you issue a March 2013 invoice for $200 and then a refund of $150 on that invoice in April she wants a report - as of March to show $200 in invoices and a report -as of April - to show $50 in net invoices.

So your refund record should have a posting date of April. Then your report of March balances should have SELECT criteria that only includes March transactions in a report as of March (plus a carryforward of the Year to date February transactions.)

Ask a Question