USA Novice here...

Reaction score
To turn things around, I quit my journalism major am switching to accounting. I've only taken an introductory course, but have been given the liberty at the small business I work at to assemble a ledger and put together financial statements. The exhilaration I experienced the first time I got the debits and credits to line up on the ledger with a total balance of 0 was mind-blowing. I can really nerd out on this stuff, now that the accrual method is becoming internalized.

I'm mostly signing up because I tend to spend the late hours of the night lurking in hobby related forums, and figured I should be spending time lurking on forums of professional interest :D. I look forward to mastering this craft in the coming years.

Becky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! Glad to have you aboard :)

The exhilaration I experienced the first time I got the debits and credits to line up on the ledger with a total balance of 0 was mind-blowing. I can really nerd out on this stuff, now that the accrual method is becoming internalized.
This made me smile! I remember that feeling!

Reaction score
Great to meet you. Like you I also took classes in journalism (in high school) but had the intention of majoring in accounting from the start. It is a truly great field, with so many subdivisions. I find management accounting the most fun. Will be taking CMA exam soon which I found very interesting.

Ask a Question