UK On the road to AAT Level 3 - Let's start a conversation :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all!

I am new here but also relatively new in the accounting scene. I have always had interest in accountancy and finance, from technical analysis of stocks to looking at balance sheets and recording/arrange financial transactions, i find enjoyment in these fields. I enjoy the learning and implementing of what is learnt.

The study path:

Non-AAT Level 1 --> AAT Bookkeeping + Sage50 --> AAT Level 2 --> AAT Level 3

I am currently at the Level 1, it is not AAT but once i have completed it, which is in a couple of days, i will be able to progress to Bookkeeping + Sage50 and so forth. I am in late 20's, but where i once felt like i was quite old to start, i now find no problem with it. I am fully focused on Level 3 completion as well as acquiring an accounting job, age is not really relevant to me.

The purpose of this thread is to share my small journey and to hopefully acquire as much knowledge as i can from those on my level, further ahead, professionals already maintaining a career, everyone in the field! I hope a wealth of information can also help others along such a path.

Not to disrespect friends from around the world but i was hoping to keep this for UK people as i am also in the UK and it just makes sense - unless there's relevant info then sure, welcome!

Is there anyone else out there on such a path???

I would also hugely appreciate people working in the accounting field. I would love to hear about the various roles and how your day to day work is like, what sort of tasks you do, a real handy insight, a "day in the life of" if you will!

Looking forward to replies :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Level 1 passed! Onto Bookkeeping & Sage50!

Reactions: Ian

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Best of luck with it! And make use of the 'exams and studying' section if you get stuck with anything. Can't promise we'll know, but we're quite good.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you!

I'm sure i will have some sort of need for it along the path, i managed to breeze through level 1 with 29/30 but further on for sure.

Once i have reached a certain level of qualification, i was aiming to begin a career in accounting but to also be able to offer some sorts of services as private work. I still need to look more into what options are available to me, such as what sorts of independent services i could offer and what sorts of jobs with companies i could seek. The bulk of this year i intend to dedicate to fulfilling the goals.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Halfway through AAT Access to Bookkeeping, couple more lessons then i can take the exam. Confident for pass :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all!

I am new here but also relatively new in the accounting scene. I have always had interest in accountancy and finance, from technical analysis of stocks to looking at balance sheets and recording/arrange financial transactions, i find enjoyment in these fields. I enjoy the learning and implementing of what is learnt.

The study path:

I am currently at the Level 1, it is not AAT but once i have completed it, which is in a couple of days, i will be able to progress to Bookkeeping + Sage50 and so forth. I am in late 20's, but where i once felt like i was quite old to start, i now find no problem with it. I am fully focused on Level 3 completion as well as acquiring an accounting job, age is not really relevant to me.

The purpose of this thread is to share my small journey and to hopefully acquire as much knowledge as i can from those on my level, further ahead, professionals already maintaining a career, everyone in the field! I hope a wealth of information can also help others along such a path.

Not to disrespect friends from around the world but i was hoping to keep this for UK people as i am also in the UK and it just makes sense - unless there's relevant info then sure, welcome!

Is there anyone else out there on such a path???

I would also hugely appreciate people working in the accounting field. I would love to hear about the various roles and how your day to day work is like, what sort of tasks you do, a real handy insight, a "day in the life of" if you will!

Looking forward to replies :)
Hi there,
I’m LONDON based and same as you studying, I completed level 1 and 2 and I’m on level 3 right now, the problem is not study is finding practice... a very long road of frustrations and disappointments. X

Ask a Question