Online or Desktop? Which is Better

Reaction score
I currently use the online version of Quickbooks and need to find out if it is better to have the desktop version or the online version. The company I work for is a small company with no inventory and minor reporting needs.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's more than just inventory that is different. Here is a current comparison on quickbooks. I've personally found online to be too limiting.

Christine

Reaction score
I've used both and I prefer the desktop version. But, if you are using the Online version and you are getting everything you need from it, I would stay with it. You have access to it whenever you want or where ever you are without having to use a remote access program. On the other hand, depending on which desktop version and user licenses you need, it may be less expensive to purchase the desktop version and upgrade it every three years. Hope this helps.

Jo Ellen Peters

Reaction score
I prefer desktop mainly because I live in a rural area and so the internet is relatively slow leading to irritating lag when loading new pages and recording entries.

Reaction score
Definitely use the desktop QuickBooks. Online version severely limits functionality.
That said, the best way to go is with a hosted version of QuickBooks on a virtual desktop. It combines the best of both worlds so you and your co-workers and clients can access your QuickBooks from anytime, anywhere, and work in real-time with full functionality.

Can't imagine why not... If you need more info there's a great blog site about QuickBooks in the cloud. You'll have to google it because the forum won't let me post links yet, but if you google "QuickBooks in the cloud" you'll see a qbcloud wordpress site on the first page of results. Great info in there... Highly recommended

Good luck!

Ask a Question