USA Paying Taxes in Nevada, LLC of a non US resident

Reaction score
Hello,

I am owner of a company in Mexico and a LLC in the state of Nevada in the U.S. Last year I opened the U.S. company so I could better sell my products to the U.S. market.

Here in Mexico I have contact with my CPA every month but I never have contact with my accountants in Nevada. When I speak to them I think they know what they are doing and they make me feel if I do not have to worry. But since I am Mexican and taxes here are much complicated (i guess) than in the US I do not feel safe or comfortable. So I would like to double check with you guys and hear your advice.

Here is my situation:
  1. I am not a US citizen
  2. I own a LLC in Nevada
  3. All operations are in Mexico and I live in Mexico
  4. I receive payments through paypal
  5. Then I deposit the money in the LLC's bank account
  6. Then I transfer 90% of the sale to Mexico so I can pay for my client's services
  7. I leave the rest in the U.S. bank account
  8. I set up Quick Books and I have records of all transactions
  9. This year sale efforts have been very lax so we sell like 1500 USD a month
What types of taxes should I pay and when?
How do I pay those taxes?
What should I check that the CPA does correctly?
What types or reports should I send to the IRS?
Any other advice?

Samir

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
There are a lot of regulatory issues here. One, your LLC will need an EIN to even be recognized in the system. Then you will need business licenses as well as tax accounts for any sales taxes that are due to the state, county, and possibly municipality level. I would start by asking if the CPAs have done these and proof of the records. If they haven't, they can get you into hot water very, very quickly.

On a personal note, thank you for abiding by our countries laws and trying to do things 'the right way'. Many of your countryman don't have this mentality and hence they are not welcome here.

Reaction score
Samir,

Thank you for your answer. I do have a Business Licence, and an EIN.

Answering you personal note: I have tried so hard to do thinks correctly but (although I speak English fluently) I have had such a hard time finding the correct CPA and advisor. I only had made like 4000 on sales and I know I could do much more.

But I do not want to get into trouble... I need someone that knows about international accounting issues. Any advice?

Samir

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's good that you already have the licenses and an EIN.

My advice is ask these questions to your current firm. If they ignore you, then they are not good people. Talk to another firm and see if they will help you.

Finding a good accountant can be like finding a good doctor--it may take going through several before you find the right fit for you.

Ask a Question