USA Personal taxes when you have an LLC

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi. I have a sole proprietor LLC (in Indiana) that has completed it's first year. I'm approaching retirement so it's not a big money-maker, just a small, seasonal business that earns about 5-6K a year.

I have an account who prepares my business taxes but, to save myself money, I have someone else who can help me prepare my personal taxes. So, my question is, do I need to wait for the accountant to finish preparing the business taxes before I can start on my personal taxes? If so, what is it that I need to wait for?

Thanks in advance.

BIG E

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes. Your business income that needs to get reported on your personal tax return.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes. Your business income that needs to get reported on your personal tax return.
Okay. One more question, please. I kept track of the expenditures and earnings - all the yearly bookkeeping - and sent it over to my accountant at the first of the year. But, just to make sure I understand, I still need to wait for him to finish rather than using any of my totals, correct?

And, I apologize for my ignorance. My late sister used to take care of my taxes so I trying to learn all the lingo and basics. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

BIG E

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes - because your business accountant knows how to record and treat business income and expenses where you may not.
Why else would you use him?
Not being an accountant - would you know how to depreciate various classes of fixed assets, or know the difference between
cash vs accrual accounting?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes - because your business accountant knows how to record and treat business income and expenses where you may not.
Why else would you use him?
Not being an accountant - would you know how to depreciate various classes of fixed assets, or know the difference between
cash vs accrual accounting?
I understand. Thanks so much!

Ask a Question