Question about Calculation cash paid income tax when there is no tax expense end of the year

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dear all,

My question might be a stupid one but I would rather be sure than to assume. Interestingly I did not find much information on the formula Cash paid income tax.
The formula is: "tax expense - (+) increase (decrease) income tax payable difference"
My questions would be: If the companies annual report did mention tax benefit instead of tax expense at the end of the year, does this mean there is also no cash paid tax to calculate? I would assume there is no cash paid tax if there was no expense so 0 or do I need to include the tax payable difference form the last year or am I totally wrong with everything :D?
I hope you understand my question and would appreciate your time and help.

Greetings

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Follow the formula but modify the term "tax expense" to "tax expense as a positive value and tax benefit as a negative value".

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Thank you very much for your help Kirby! This was one of my first thoughts but I went on with thinking too complicated. A friend of mine said the same as you today.
Have a nice day!

Ask a Question