USA Quickbooks Online - how to track subcontractors time

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

Right now I have self employed version and after doing my research it looks like I have to upgrade to QB Online. I now have subcontractors that do work for me because I can't keep up with the work load.
When I contacted support they said subcontractors cannot use mobile phones to enter time only computer. Can someone please conform this, I'm finding it hard to believe and I can't find any screenshots how this looks like?

Thanks!

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have never used this myself, but I recommend setting up yourself as a contractor and try recording time on a mobile phone. It is possible that it works, it just might not be user friendly (eg, desktop mode on a mobile browser) vs an actual mobile app.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have never used this myself, but I recommend setting up yourself as a contractor and try recording time on a mobile phone. It is possible that it works, it just might not be user friendly (eg, desktop mode on a mobile browser) vs an actual mobile app.
Thanks for the reply!

Setting up as a contractor in QB online? Can you please take a screenshot?

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think I might not have been clear. You stated "When I contacted support they said subcontractors cannot use mobile phones to enter time only computer." I presumed then that you knew how to submit time via computer and that your challenge is submitting time via the Mobile Phone. Is this an accurate assessment, or do you not know how to submit time via the computer? How do your subcontractors submit time now?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think I might not have been clear. You stated "When I contacted support they said subcontractors cannot use mobile phones to enter time only computer." I presumed then that you knew how to submit time via computer and that your challenge is submitting time via the Mobile Phone. Is this an accurate assessment, or do you not know how to submit time via the computer? How do your subcontractors submit time now?
I'm still on QB Self-employed. I will be making the switch to QB Online because I'm outgrowing from QB S-E.
Just wanted to see how the interface looked like.

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ahh...Sorry. I misunderstood. I do not have screenshots of QB online.

Ask a Question