Quicken 2007 retirement planner: Entering current savings

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a simple way to enter my current retirement savings in the Quicken 2007 retirement planner. In the Investments section, under Savings and Investments, it wants me to choose from a list of individual retirement accounts (which I need to set up in the Investing Center on the Quicken home page). These, in turn, demand that I enter ticker symbols and god knows what kind of other crazy stuff. With everything as a separate listing! (I have over 15 mutual funds).

Being the non-accountant type guy that I am, I would greatly prefer to simply enter the lump sum of my current savings - or, maybe break it down into a few categories like IRA, 401k, etc. I was able to fool it into accepting a number by entering the total amount of my retirement savings under the Cash Flow Center - as if it were all one big savings account - but obviously this is a clumsy work-around. Any ideas for a way to enter my savings info that won't make my head hurt?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Please disregard - I decided to just bite the bullet and spend my Friday night entering all the funds. Good thing I don't have a social life!

Ask a Question