Quicken for Mac to Windows

Reaction score
I exported a QIF file from Quicken 2002 for Mac and attempted to import this file into Quicken 2008 for Windows. I read the instructions on the Quicken web site however, much of it is obsolete because it refers to outdated Mac System Preferences which no longer have an International tab for setting the date.

The same QIF file imported seamlessly into the Mac application SEE Finance but has incorrect dates in Quicken for Windows. All of the date years are 19xx where they should be 20xx. I can’t imagine why another application would have a not problem with the dates but going from Quicken to Quicken doesn’t work.

Within the QIF file, all of the Transaction dates are 2 digit years, such as 1/11/11. The Quicken for Mac application also uses 2 digit date years and I notice that Quicken for Windows used 4 digits for the year.

Question: Should the QIF file contain Transaction dates expressed in 4 digit years or 2 digits as exported from Quicken for Mac?

Any other suggestions?

Ask a Question