Received Job Offers, Need Insight!

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am recently about to graduate with my master in accounting and have received three job offers from various firms. One is Deloitte, the other is Eide Bailly (Larger Regional firm in western part of the US), and a local firm but does high quality/really in depth work.

I'm not sure which one to choose or how to choose. I know the experience at Deloitte would be amazing, but I'm almost positive I would get worked to the bone.

I love the culture/people at Eide the best, and feel the work would be still high quality, but I'm not sure whether it's as "prestigious" as Deloitte.

And I love the small firm as well, and how they bring the high quality work to a small firm feel. I would be going into tax.

Does anyone have any insight? Thanks so much!

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just to RECAP your post it is clear that you feel that:
Deloitte has a great name but tons of workload expected
Eide is your favorite, but a shade less prestigious
Local firm also favored , but another shade less prestigious

For one thing, seek the advice of other students at your school and see where they are choosing to go and why.
For another, see if you can find the major clients that each firm serves and see if - long term- you would like to be in that client's industry
And define your long term goal: open your own tax practice? stay in your firm long term? then see which firm helps that goal

Good luck

Samir

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
These are all great offers. You'll need to figure out what is right for you based on:
  • where you want to live/settle
  • how quickly you want to move up
  • how hard you're willing to work without appropriate compensation
Good luck!

Ask a Question