USA S Corporation

Reaction score
Country
United States
There are two owners of an S corporation. They each purchase personal items through the corporation that are not business expenses. I can't use a Draw nor Shareholder Distribution account to capture this information. What account can I set up to capture this information?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Why cant you?
Make a due to shareholder account for each of them then.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
There are two owners of an S corporation. They each purchase personal items through the corporation that are not business expenses. I can't use a Draw nor Shareholder Distribution account to capture this information. What account can I set up to capture this information?
Why cant you?
Make a due to shareholder account for each of them then.
Thank you very much for the idea.

Reaction score
Country
United States
What are you trying to capture? The amount they owe back to the corporation?
No, the shareholders will not owe these amounts back to the corporation. I am not sure how to post them because they are not expenses to corporation. I am trying to capture the amounts that are spent on personal items, paid by the S corporation, so that at the end of the year when it comes time for the shareholder distribution these numbers can be taken into consideration.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd just do an accrual then...and then at distribution date just reclass the accrual back against the distribution

Ask a Question