UK SAGE Invoicing - Subtotals for Labour & Materials

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've recently started working as a CIS subcontractor, where I will have tax deducted at source by the contractor. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way of showing subtotals for labour and materials. Due to the nature of the work, I will be itemising the labour so that the contractor can see clearly which portion of the labour relates to each job - property maintenance, so a lot of different jobs over the course of a month. It would be really useful if I can show a labour total and materials total to make it clear which portion of the invoice is which so that I only have tax deducted on the labour portion.

Thanks,
Andrew

Becky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Andrew :)

Are you looking to achieve this with your existing accounting software (in which case, what are you using?) or are you asking which software would be recommended?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping it is possible to do this with my existing software (Sage 50 Essentials). Thanks

Becky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah ok. Hopefully someone who is familiar with that software will be able to help you out :)

Ask a Question