Schedule K-1 Line 20 Code Y Entry into TurboTax

Reaction score
HELP! Schedule K-1 Line 20 Code Y Entry into TurboTax

Here's my scenario. I only owned (traded) TNH (Terra Nitrogen Company, L.P. -- master limited partnership) from between 2/23/09 - 4/1/09. My total investment/sales were very small -- only about $11000. I did *not* receive a dividend distribution. I received a schedule K-1. On my K-1, Part III box 1 shows "ordinary business loss" of -5. Box 13 "other deductions" code U shows -5. Box 17 "AMT" shows 2. Box 20 "other information" code V shows -5 and code Y* shows 177. Yeah, I know, piddly #'s.

Anyways, my confusion is regarding box 13 code U.
Using TurboTax, I get to a screen for this code U that says "Enter Code T and Code U Detail". There are fields for "Gross Receipts" "Cost of Goods Sold" "Deductions - Directly Allocable" "Deductions - Not Directly Allocable" and Form W-2 Wages" for columns "All Sources" "Domestic Production" and "Non-Domestic". HUH??? WHAT THE HECK DO I ENTER HERE??? Also, considering I did not receive a dividend distribution, do I even need to enter this K-1 into my taxes? Curious also why it shows the "ordinary business loss" of -5, the "AMT" of 2 when I did not receive a distribution.

I did have capital gains on my buys/sells of the stock, but no dividend distribution. So, my question is about the box 13 code U as mentioned above, or do I even need to enter the K-1?

I'm not looking for tax advice, just any insight or guidance. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Easter!

Last edited:
Reaction score
hi, did you ever get an answer to this? i have exactly the same issue: TNH K-1 in TurboTax online is asking for all these details and i didn't see any information in the statement provided with TNH's schedule K-1

Ask a Question