Site suggestions

Becky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Following the recent forum reorganisation, I was just wondering whether anyone has any suggestions for the site?

One thing that we have considered is the introduction of accounting news, and maybe also deadline prompts. Would these be useful to you?

All reasonable suggestions and comments are very welcome!

Reaction score
I think the removal of separate accountancy and tax sections for the US and the UK makes the forum less user friendly. From the thread title, it's not always immediately obvious whether the thread has been posted by a US or UK user. If the user refers to '£' or '$' or 'IRS', it's fairly obvious which country they're from (and so which accounting and tax rules apply) but for more general questions, it could be difficult to tell and lead to incorrect advice being given.

Becky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Robert,

That is a good point, thanks for your feedback.

We are currently in the process of adding a country flag to each topic - when a member creates a new topic they would be required to select which country their query relates to and this would be shown next to the topic title. This should hopefully mean that you can quickly tell at a glance whether the query is US / UK or other.

This should hopefully be complete by the end of next week, and I'd be very grateful if you could let us know what you think about it once the changes are implemented. If it is not adequate, we will think of alternative solutions :)

If you've got any more ideas please do let us know - I'm really keen to improve the forums as much as possible.

Becky

VIP Member
Reaction score
We have now added the option to include a flag when posting a new topic - this will mean that other members will be able to tell which country the query relates to at a glance.

I had a PM from another member suggesting 'Thanks' buttons, so these have also been added. When another member is helpful, you are now able to say thank you at the touch of a button!

I hope you find these changes useful, and if you encounter any issues with them please do let me know.

Reaction score
The thanks button is a fantastic idea.

Tells the poster that the info's been appreciated, but it also can be used by others to show that the advice given is agreed on.

So ...... Thanks ;)

Reaction score
My opinion this forum is good on the whole.
But for me I find a little issue. I can't send PM to users. Because to do it I should have 15 messages. Now I think about how to write something useful to reach the bar, and how not to make some flood.

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the forum. My first and foremost way before registering to a forum website is to look for rules and regulations and FAQ pages for me to have an idea and follow the path that a certain forum website requires.

However, I found it quite hard to find the FAQ page as it is located in the Footer of the site. In spite being an SEO and online marketing consultant which has a knowledge in site navigation, I still found it hard to find it.

Commonly, the FAQ is located at the main NAV of a forum site. This is very important especially for those who really want to abide to the rules and regulations of the forum. Any ordinary users will have a really tough time in finding the FAQ page and might lead them to break the rules of the forum.

It's just my suggestions though that the FAQ page should be placed at the main navigation. Because for me it is really important for the FAQ page to be seen by casual users for smooth forum usage.

Becky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback! We are in the early stages of planning a major upgrade to the forum, and so I will bear this in mind.

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following the recent forum reorganisation, I was just wondering whether anyone has any suggestions for the site?

One thing that we have considered is the introduction of accounting news, and maybe also deadline prompts. Would these be useful to you?

All reasonable suggestions and comments are very welcome!
I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I certainly think an Accounting News thread would be great. There's a lot going on: FRS102 in the UK, and lots going on in IFRS too, so the reporting landscape is changing quite quickly. So a 'head's up' thread would be great!

Becky

VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a really good idea @Fidget and I agree it would certainly be useful. The only issue I can see is who keeps it updated - whether it's something that I need to do, or whether it would be open to everyone to contribute to. Did you have something in mind?

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was thinking along the lines of everybody being able to contribute to it.

Ask a Question