India Prerequisites to learn fund flow statement and cash flow statement ?

Reaction score
Country
India
What are the prerequisites to learn fund flow statement and cash flow statement ?

I have this subject called management accounting and i was wondering if i can jump directly to fund flow statement and cash flow statement ?

The units before it are ,

Marginal costing
Cost volume profit analysis
Analysis and interpretation of financial statements
Ratio analysis
Working capital management

Is it important to go through those chapters before trying to learn about fund flow statement and cash flow statement ?

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Generally, courses are laid out to build upon the prior chapter. Although you can jump ahead to funds flow, it is better to follow the course. If you want to read ahead, then just read ahead in the order of the course.

Reaction score
Country
India
Thanks ,
I made some notes about

Journal entries
Trial balance
Trading account
Profit and loss account
Balance sheet

And the fund flow statement and cash flow statement comes after that ?

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
that sounds about right to me, but I cannot recall the order of the topics in my course.

Reaction score
Country
India
Thanks ,
I have one more question .
From what accounting source is the cash flow statement (from direct , indirect method )prepared ?
Balance sheet ?
Profit and Loss account ?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Preparing a cash flow statement (whether direct method or indirect method) was one of the hardest things I did for my degree in accounting, which I just finished. To answer the question above, the short answer is "BOTH."

The slightly longer answer is that various components of the cash flow statement come from both the balance sheet AND the income statement (aka Profit and Loss account).

Reaction score
Country
India
Thanks for the reply ,
I found two websites a minute ago explaining few things and one of it says that one needs information from three things usually ...

Balance sheet
Profit and Loss account
Selected data from general ledger

The information to prepare the Statement of Cash Flows using the indirect method comes from three sources: comparative balance sheets for the last two years of firm data, data from the firm's current income statement, and selected data from the general ledger.

This website has a lot of information about Cash flow statements ,

download.nos.org/srsec320newE/320EL30.pdf

I am still confused about the form ,
Is there any more websites with the examples of form ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question