USA Sole Trader

Oct 25, 2014
Reaction score

I am Employed Full time and collect grow Venus Fly Traps.

Some suppliers will only trade with Company's so i was thinking of starting my Own Company

its MAIN PURPOSE is to enable me to purchase goods form "Trade Only" suppliers,

i do not intend to SELL any goods, but would be able to have Company ID I.E. business letterhead, business card, certificate of incorporation, company invoice/order form, VAT certificate

Would i still have to send Tax Returns in each year, my ONLY income would be from my Primary Job and not from my Fly traps

Many Thanks
Last edited:


Aug 21, 2013
Reaction score
If you don't intend to make any profit (or even sell), then you don't have a business. This would be classified as either a hobby or an investment. You won't be able to deduct any expenditures related to this activity, unless you do sell and generate income (limited on Sch A).

And no, you would not file any other tax return for your "business". However, if you are registering an EIN for this activity, I would report as a blank Schedule C on your return in order to avoid notices from the IRS.

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question