USA SOLVED! Mystery 1099-R. Need to ID Issuer By Partial EIN.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm having a terrible time tracking down a 1099-R that I need to file my 2020 taxes. The IRS shows it on my 4506-T transcript but my memory is failing me. I keep thorough paper records and I've checked banking and investment account statements. Nothing corresponds to the amount shown on the transcript. The only clue I have currently is the last 4 digits (3567) of the issuer's EIN from the transcript. Any ideas on how I can solve this?

Thanks,

Reaction score
Country
United States
SOLVED! I did a Google search for "EIN ending in 3567" and found National Financial Services. Still no clue. I called the number listed and it said "Thank you for calling Fidelity". A very helpful rep named Matt did quick search of my accounts on fidelity.com vs netbenefits.com where I was searching and we found it. It's from a rollover, so no consequence to my tax total, but it completed my return so it's accurate. Woohoo!

Ask a Question