UK Sub contracting invoices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have two companies Company A and B

I subcontracted work from A to B

I didn’t produce any inter company invoices

Company B is now in liquidation and I took cash payments for work completed by Company B on behalf of Company A
is this wrongful or fraudulent trading?

DrStrangeLove

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's a legal question, not an accounting question. I'd suggest you reach out to a solicitor in your jurisdiction for legal advice, and to do it sooner rather than later. Really, that's not the kind of question to which you or anyone here can afford a wrong answer.

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
It is advisable to consult with a legal professional who can review the details of your situation and provide you with accurate legal advice.
Keep in mind that laws and regulations related to trading, subcontracting, and financial transactions can vary by jurisdiction.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Subcontracting invoices are documents issued by subcontractors to request payment for services rendered to a primary contractor. These invoices typically detail the work performed, quantities, rates, and any applicable taxes. They serve as a formal record of the financial transaction between parties involved in a subcontracting agreement.

DrStrangeLove

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Subcontracting invoices are documents issued by subcontractors to request payment for services rendered to a primary contractor. These invoices typically detail the work performed, quantities, rates, and any applicable taxes. They serve as a formal record of the financial transaction between parties involved in a subcontracting agreement.
True, but off the OP's point. Robert007's question was whether the cash payments and lack of invoicing constitute "wrongful or fraudulent trading". That's a legal determination, and depends on applicable court decisions regarding civil and/or criminal liability. Hence, lawyers.

Ask a Question