USA The tiny details of form 1120 as a single member LLC taxed as a C-Corp (final return).

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just finished paying franchise taxes, annual report fees, and spending several hours making sure my 1120 is perfect.

I have two little minor details that I'm still confused on:

#1. When do I say my calendar/tax year ended at the top?

Officially, we're a single member LLC taxed as a C-Corporation.

We formed in December, 2018. Unofficially, our Fiscal Year End is September 30th, 2019. This would make our Federal Tax Return due on 1/15/2020.

Do I include the 4 months in between the Fiscal Year End Date and the date the Federal Tax Return is due as part of the Fiscal Year for purposes of this return?

***Hopefully, I am correct that this should be the final return.

#2. I've seen example 1120 returns where #1, #2, etc... are written in the margins on the right:

Is it necessary that I write #1 in the rightmost margin of line 26 (other deductions) to indicate my attached statement?

Would it be okay to do so with a pen (black ink)?

Is it unnecessary that I attach statements for every expense (advertising, etc...) or just where the 1120 indicates me to "attach statement?"

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Ask a Question