USA Top non-accounting courses to study for the CPA exam

Reaction score
Country
United States
I actually have some time left in the service before I return to the civilian sector. I majored in accounting and I currently meet the requirements to sit for the CPA exam. My GPA in accounting was a 3.0. I basically had a couple of C's, a couple of A's, and the rest B's. I felt like I did enough to get through school, but I honestly didn't retain a lot (actually learn the material) and it's already been 4 years since I graduated.

So, when I get out... I'm going back to school and retaking 9 accounting courses split into 3 semesters. I honestly believe I can do much better & learn a lot more second go around. I'll study any related business topics & start over with financial & managerial accounting for the time being. Here are the classes I have taken with an emphasis in business:

BA 310 - Professional Ethics

ECO 201 - Principles of Macroeconomics

ECO 202 - Principles of Microeconomics

ECO ??? - International Economics

FIN 300 - Principles of Finance

MGT 300 - Management for Organizations

MGT 325 - Operations Management

MGT 400 - Global Managerial Policy and Strategy

MIS 300 - Management Information Systems

MKT 300 - Principles of Marketing

*** Which should I touch up on, and are there any here that I should disregard?
*** I do plan to use a CPA review (probably Roger) in the next year.
*** I'm honestly trying to build a small/broad foundation back again before jumping into the CPA review courses.
*** I'm watching Youtube lecture videos and reading books for now

Ask a Question