USA URGENT - LLC Taxes 2018 – Office Snacks (Bottled Water, Coffee, etc)

Apr 3, 2019
Reaction score
United States
Please help me. How would I categorize for 2018 taxes the office snacks for employees (bottled water, coffee, etc)? I see some mention of it being “De Minimis fringe meals” but that I’ve been told is for food and beverage expenses that are excludable from the gross income of the recipient. This sounds crazy to me. I’m not going to exclude the costs of bottled water (can’t drink from tap as the water in this town would be dangerous to drink), coffee and the occasional granola bars from the gross income of our employees. Am I reading that wrong?

Or would bottled water and coffee, etc, be categorized as “Office Supplies”? But then again I thought “Office Supplies” category for bottled water and coffee, etc, is only for refreshments for CLIENTS. If anyone knows, I’d highly appreciate some advice on this.

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question