Any accountants in the house?

Reaction score
Just a little accountant humor there.

Got a tax question for ya:

In order to qualify for my company's vehicle reimbursement program they require that we, as salespeople, drive cars that are: a) less than six years old or b) have less than 150,000 miles. They pay us both fixed and variable reimbursements; the fixed is based on projected annual mileage (30,000 for salespeople) and the variable is based on the price of fuel at any given time. My car is a 2005 4Runner with 98,000 miles, so I will need to buy a new(er) car to continue to participate in the vehicle reimbursement program.

My question is this - even though they pay us both fixed rate (which is taxed) and variable rate reimbursements, would I be able to write off any portion of the cost of a new(er) whip since I am required to do so by the company?

Thx,

-EGS

Becky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :)

It might be useful to say which country your query relates to, as the treatment can differ depending where you are.

Ask a Question