CPA Client Request

USA Discussion in 'General Accountancy Discussion' started by bkcpa, Jul 10, 2018.

1. bkcpa

bkcpa

Have any of you ever received the following request:

2. CPA Statement – required for new or renewal contracts. Must certify that the contractor’s bookkeeping practices have been reviewed within the past twelve months and that they are kept in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).

I’m not sure if they want a CPA letter stating that the organization went through an AICPA review or a CPA looked at the books and they are kept in accordance with GAAP. The term “reviewed” is what’s throwing me off. I wouldn’t mind saying I reconciled the books and they follow GAAP – I don’t want to say I “reviewed” the books because it sounds like an AICPA review. What are your thoughts?

bkcpa, Jul 10, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. bkcpa

kirby VIP Member

They want a formal letter from a CPA stating that the CPA did a review.

kirby, Jul 10, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. bkcpa

bkcpa

An AICPA review or general review?

bkcpa, Jul 11, 2018
  4. bkcpa

kirby VIP Member

It is not clear from what they wrote. So, a suggested course for you to take is to write a letter stating the procedures you did do that satisfies you that the PRACTICES (not the books) are in accordance with GAAP. (That responds to the way they asked the question.)

kirby, Jul 12, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question