Employment prospects

ccs

Reaction score
Hello and Happy Holidays to you all!

I am a healthcare worker who is considering the pursuit of a new career path. I have been drawn to accounting for years now and I feel my natural mental skill set would be useful in the field. I have a high attention to detail, am good at math and don't get bored by regulations and numbers, I actually consider economics and keeping up with public policy a hobby of mine. I would like to obtain an education to become an accountant and am not sure of how to do so. I see that the university of phoenix has a BS of accounting program and it looks appealing considering my family situation and need to continue working full time but I don't know specifically how the profession would view such a degree. I'm not sure what other options I have. I would like to stay in the healthcare field as an accountant should I obtain a degree and my goal is a bachelors degree.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could post or contact me regarding this. Is an online BS a good idea for the money? From what I can tell the cost is about $70,000 or so and I plan on working at least 35 years after obtaining a degree. How are the job prospects, imagining no previous experience in any accounting-related field? How enduring was your studying for the CPA exam from earning your degree to licensure? FYI I am in the state of California.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Sincerely,
Chris

Ask a Question