USA Feeling Stuck

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not having much luck finding accountant nor financial analyst positions that do not require a degree in accounting. I have a degree in Business Administration and I'm getting a Masters in Accounting but most jobs are requiring a bachelor's degree in accounting with a MBA preferred. I've gotten denied for 2 positions with the reason being my degree isn't in accounting. I've been working as a staff accountant for 4 years but this still hasn't been enough to land me a job in corporate accounting or financial planning. Is anyone else having this issue? What should I do to get pass this?

AGH the CPA

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thats very odd especially if you have the work experience AND are working ony our masters in accounting. Where are you based?

Reaction score
Country
United States
St. Louis, MO. One position is at my current employer in corporate accounting and the other was with a recruiter in corporate accounting. The recruiter mentioned that he's seen a lot of companies request the bachelors in accounting for these positions. At my employer, they mentioned that corporate accounting is actually the only department with that requirement. But it seems to get into the other financial departments everyone starts in corporate accounting. My position is in the AR department and the move to corporate is only lateral so I just feel like I'm stuck for another 2+ years if I stay here as I finish my masters but I'm facing the same issue with external companies too. I'm really only 4 classes away from the bachelor's in accounting but I just don't think it would make sense to do that.

Ask a Question