USA First time tax filing help

Reaction score
Hi all,

I will be filing taxes by myself for the first time this year. I have recently graduated and was claimed every year on my dad's taxes. I am not money savvy at all and a bit overwhelmed with what I need to do to prepare myself, so I'm trying to start early and get some information. I try talking to my dad but I moved for a job and with the time difference it is hard to contact him. I consulted some individuals from this website Minneapolis Accountants MN Tax Accounting Estate Financial Analysis. They suggested I start with something called a 1040EZ form? If someone could help give me some direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi,

Look on-line for the form:
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040ez.pdf

Make sure you can use 1040EZ [the form has what it takes to qualify, just read it]. If you qualify, just read over the form and instructions and fill in the information. You can save a copy to your computer.

Come back with specific questions if you have any.

After filling it out, you can print out a copy and fill in an official form [I'm not sure whether you can use this one to send in] and mail it in.

Good Luck.

Ask a Question