USA HELP!First job & drowning: Keeping yourself organized & effiecient

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I have had my first accounting/office job at a holding company for about a year and have learned a lot about what it's like to actually have an accounting job vs going to school and learning accounting. I have mastered my keyboard shortcuts, mastered QB, and am gaining experience working in NS and NAV. I have been doing fairly well for about 8 months at my job, where I started out full charge bookkeeping for a messy club type business and helping out with a few other tasks around the office filled with a handful of worker bees doing all the stuff that has to be done, two go-to's, and a few higher ups. We have had a few people quit w/o notice and now I am done with the club business, and am taking on multiple companies, doing daily deposits, bank recs, entries, closing, payroll, etc. The whole shabang. I love that I am getting experience but I can't keep up with learning and keeping straight all my files (pc & physical), dates, and other small tasks that are handed to me, while still learning NS & NAV.

PS im about to start moving and am getting married in two weeks whichhas helped ensure that I get minimal rest to keep my mind/nerves jumbled

Any tips, best practices, advice on how to keep myself & my work methods organized and efficient would be greatly appreciated.

My piles of files and folders (pc&phys) a filling my desk top and what slight organizational methods I currently use are erroding.

HELP!!!!! Please :)

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you have a staff you can delegate tasks to?

Ask a Question