UK Hiring qualifications

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The company I work for is looking to hire a part time management accountant/book keeper to work one day a week for an SME. We currently have a firm of accountants for the end of year accounts but we need a day to day accountant for inputting invoices, producing P&L, balance sheets and creditor/debtor reports.

What sort of qualifications should we be looking for? Is there anything in particular you would say we should require for this role?

Thanks in advance.

DTA93433

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Definitely someone who knows their debits vs. credits. I've used online bookkeeping tests (there a few of them out there for free). I've given them to applicants in the past. If this person is doing payroll, ask them if their accreditted/certified in that. There are a few different types of bookkeeping/payroll "certifications" out there (www.aipb.org and www.acatcredentials.org for starters.. You'll generally find more-than-qualified applicants with certifications such as these. Good luck!

Ask a Question