USA How Can I Better My Chances of Landing an Entry Level Accounting Position or an Internship in Accounting?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I`m looking for an entry level accounting position in Dallas, TX as I earned my bachelor`s degree in accounting and finance from Cairo university Egypt in 2006 ( evaluated as 160 US credit hours - GPA 2.3 by CreditEval.com ) but I don't have any experience and my question is how can I better my chances of landing an entry-level accounting position or an internship in accounting, thank you!

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Consider doing temp accounting work .

Reaction score
Country
United States
first, I would like to thank you for answering my question. I went to Robert Half account temp office in Dallas and Irving I met with a couple of recruiters and he told me the vast majority It's hard for me to do temp accounting work as you suggested because I don't have any experience at all. that`s mainly the reason why I posted my question here in the forum. Would you please suggest a couple of temp agencies that hopefully give me a chance, please? and I will update you with the feedback. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Country
India
What most of the organizations look for in the fresher is the zest to learn and how cool you're with your basics when it comes to accounting. Work on getting your basic accounting knowledge right, show high energy while in an interview, and of course, willingness to learn. You will land yourself something awesome! All the best with your career!

Reaction score
Country
United States
What most of the organizations look for in the fresher is the zest to learn and how cool you're with your basics when it comes to accounting. Work on getting your basic accounting knowledge right, show high energy while in an interview, and of course, willingness to learn. You will land yourself something awesome! All the best with your career!
I looked at this thread. Working on basics , have a bachelors in accounting but the problem is resume is not even shortlisted. No one is calling for interviews even before pandemic. Daily I apply to 2-3 jobs on entry level accounts finance. No luck!

Reaction score
Country
India
I looked at this thread. Working on basics , have a bachelors in accounting but the problem is resume is not even shortlisted. No one is calling for interviews even before pandemic. Daily I apply to 2-3 jobs on entry level accounts finance. No luck!
There's initial friction when it comes to landing your first job. It is really annoying and puts one on self-doubt. What I suggest is work on your references (friends and family) to land an initial job. Upskill yourself with certificates and courses. All the best!

Reaction score
Country
United States
There's initial friction when it comes to landing your first job. It is really annoying and puts one on self-doubt. What I suggest is work on your references (friends and family) to land an initial job. Upskill yourself with certificates and courses. All the best!
Thank you!

Ask a Question