USA Trying to like Sage 50, can someone convince me that it's better than Quickbooks?

Reaction score
Country
United States
All of my clients use QuickBooks until my most recent one, who uses Sage 50. I can figure it out but it seems so inefficient compared to QuickBooks that it's very frustrating, I'm open to the idea that it's just me not being used to it. Does anyone prefer Sage? Specific issues I had last week include:

- I can't go to a vendor list and see the transactions that are there, pull one up, and duplicate it. When I start with a new client this is very helpful to make sure that I'm being consistent in the expense postings.
- The account names aren't visible on the screen you have to click on the magnifying glass to see anything but the account number. I thought this may be a Preference but I can't see that it is.
- I like to use QB items for things like repetitive deposits, but Sage only seems to use items for inventory-related things, which don't apply to what I do.
- The Income Statement needs too much tweaking to look at all presentable - the only bookkeeper didn't set up anything and right now it doesn't look much different than a trial balance.
- It doesn't seem to be as easy to import transactions from the bank, or even from a spreadsheet.

I do plan on switching them eventually but don't want to make drastic changes right away.

Any thoughts one way or the other are appreciated!
Thank you :)

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know QB, but I have had some experience with SAGE and I didn't like it at all. Too restrictive on what I could do with it Reporting from it was a nightmare and even trying to just move transactions between accounts was all round the houses to do it. It's too geared towards no accounting background for my liking. Hopefully I never have to encounter it again! :D

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know QB, but I have had some experience with SAGE and I didn't like it at all. Too restrictive on what I could do with it Reporting from it was a nightmare and even trying to just move transactions between accounts was all round the houses to do it. It's too geared towards no accounting background for my liking. Hopefully I never have to encounter it again! :D
Thanks for the input! Agreed

Ask a Question