Invoice Software

Reaction score
Greetings,
My name is Jack and I am a musician with a small business. I am looking for an inexpensive invoice software. One that will allow me to keep a customer file and allow me to mark invoices paid and keep track of income as the invoices are paid. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Jack

MTB

Reaction score
Freshbooks dot com is a nice solution.

This service is especially good for freelancers, consultants, and collaboratives.
I would advise using an invoicing service like this in conjuncture with a spread sheet like Mircorsoft Excel or LibreOffice.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Easy Software

Hi Jack,
Try Easy Street Accounting it's only $49 for six financial years with invoicing. As a fellow musician I can understand your requirements - of course when any accounting system is used for invoicing then your up for Debtors control. Invoices need to marked paid or partly paid if your getting part payments from agents or venues.

You may try getting a standard invoice from MS Word and dressing it up as a marketing tool, not just an invoice but a list of your songs/playlist etc., your web site contact and pictures.

Keeping a re-print copy for yourself', put the sales value in the accounting system but the MS Word printed invoice copies are physically easy for you to see and control, you don't need to start your computer to see what is owed to you, at the end of the financial year you can just deduct what is owed from your accounting reports if you are on a cash basis for tax.

You can also save all the MS Word invoices in a folder/directory for each financial year, and of course this directory can be re - displayed in date or alpha order which is real handy.

Hope this is of some help - accounting is a bit like practicing scales - can be a pain but it gets results.

Regards

Michael Myers

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree with MTB. Freshbooks is a good value solution for small business/ freelancers. It's free to try.
Christine

Reaction score
I had given a try with Freshbooks. It looks like the inclusion of additional free user is not been allowed, and that has made me to swap to Handdy Invoices. This online cloud invoicing software has got with a few other options that was found limited in the former software.

Right from any of the businesses to self employed, the software is ideal.

Ask a Question